Friday 17 June 2011

Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara Review...


There are so many mascaras coming out like this at the moment, I decided I needed to try one. With the likes of Mac bringing one out, drugstroe brands are picking up on it and bringing out their own cheaper version. I opted for the Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara, currently priced at £5.99 in Boots.

The idea is that it is one mascara that offers you two looks - one for longer more defined lashes, and the other to pump up the volume.

What do Rimmel have to say?

'Introducing Day-2-Night, Rimmel’s unbeatable new mascara that creates 2 dramatically different lash looks, all with 1 amazing new system. The secret is the magic double cap!
1.Choose the Length cap in the day for exceptionally defined, ultra- lengthened lashes. Lashes are stretched to new distances.
2.Choose the Volume cap at night for up to 15X fuller lashes. Thickens lashes with voluptuous, oversized volume without a clump in sight.
Now, the magic double cap gives you the power to create a perfect lash look, day or night!'
I wasn't wowwed by this product, but then again, I don't think I was really expecting to be. The mascara is good, I give it that, and for the price you can't really go wrong, but I'm not entirely sure it does what it says on the tin...


On the left eye I have the 'day' look of longer more defined lashes and on the right eye I have the 'night' look with more volume. Granted you can see a slight difference in the eyes, my right eye looking heavier with mascara and a little more dense, but I did this in the morning when first applying my make up, and went out all day, not worrying that my eyes may look odd. I don't really think the lashes on my left eye look particularly any longer, although it is less clumpy.
Night look


Day Look

Nahh I'm still not seeing it. I like the idea of the mascara, and I can see how it kind of works, but not the the point where I could have two different mascaras on - just maybe that I have spent more time layering one set of lashes than I did another, which, lets face it, can be done with any mascara.

Having said all of this, I'm still going to stick with saying it is a good mascara and I have used it quite a lot since buying it. Just not really for what it is meant to be used for.
Lots of Love

Lola...x

2 comments:

  1. great post! I kind sort of see a difference, but you would expect it to be really obvious - like in the advert! Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to get this but idk now lol great picture and review nice job thnx!

    ReplyDelete